Cub Kitchen is a cooking blog where Bjorn R-G makes some of his favorite recipes, so easy he can do them in his Bear Skn underwear. Bjorn is not a professional chef, but he enjoys cooking and can get pretty creative in the kitchen. Join Bjorn each week for a fun new recipe.
Special Thanks to my friends at Bear Skn for sponsoring the show. Grab your Bamboo Boxer Briefs now. Super comfortable for working in the kitchen.
Season 2 Episode 4
Buffalo Chicken Quinoa Salad
- Sauce Pan
- Frying Pan or Skillet.
- A Knife.
- Cutting Board.
- Large and Small Mixing Bowl.
- Measuring cups and spoons.
- 2 cups water.
- 1 cup Quinoa.
- 1 Tsp olive oil and 1/3 cup olive oil.
- 2 cubed boneless skinless chicken breasts.
- 4 chopped green onions.
- 1 cubed Avocado.
- ½ cup shredded carrots.
- ½ cup blue cheese crumbles.
- 1 cup cauliflower florets
- 1 tsp sea salt.
- ½ cup Franks wing sauce.
Cook time: 10-20 minutes.
- Bring 2 cups water to boil with 1 cup Quinoa. Reduce heat and let Quinoa simmer for 20 mins.
- While Quinoa is cooking cut boneless chicken breast into small cubes. On medium heat begin cooking chicken in frying pan with 1 tsp of olive oil. Cook on medium until chicken is cooked through.
- Mix Franks wing sauce, sea salt and 1/3 cup. Whisk together. Chop up Cauliflower into small florets.
- Add ½ cup buffalo sauce mix to chicken, continue to cook for a 1 minute and add cauliflower. Cook until all the sauce is cooked down and absorbed by chicken and cauliflower.
- In large bowl combine half the chopped green onions, blue cheese crumbles, shredded carrots, avocado and remaining buffalo sauce mix.
- When Quinoa is done and all water is absorbed, fluff and add to bowl. Add Chicken Cauliflower and stir until fully combined.
- Ready to go, garnish with the remaining green onion and some blue cheese crumbles and enjoy.