Cub Kitchen is a cooking blog where Bjorn R-G makes some of his favorite recipes, so easy he can do them in his Bear Skn underwear. Bjorn is not a professional chef, but he enjoys cooking and can get pretty creative in the kitchen. Join Bjorn each week for a fun new recipe.
Special Thanks to my friends at Bear Skn for sponsoring the show. Grab your Bamboo Boxer Briefs now. Super comfortable for working in the kitchen.
Season 2 Episode 2
Chicken Ranch Pasta Salad
- A Knife.
- Cutting Board.
- Big Mixing Bowls.
- Can Opener.
- 1 can red kidney beans.
- 1 can black beans.
- 1 can sliced black olives.
- Half onion chopped.
- Half red pepper chopped.
- 2 cups shredded mild cheddar cheese.
- Cubed chicken, cooked (I use rotisserie chicken)
- 1 packet of taco seasoning.
- 1 box of rotini pasta.
- 1 packet hidden valley ranch mix.
- 1 cup buttermilk.
- 2 cups mayonnaise.
- Frito’s chips.
- 2 cups frozen corn.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
Cook time: 10-20 minutes.
- Bring 4-6 quarts of water to boil in sauce pan. Add box of rotini noodles, cook noodles. Strain off water and set aside to cool.
- Cut chicken into cubes. Chop half an onion and half a red pepper. Add to large mixing bowl.
- Open black beans, kidney beans, and black olives, drain and rinse under cold water. Add to mixing bowl.
- In large mixing bowl, add taco seasoning, 2 cups mayo, 1 cup buttermilk, and ranch seasoning packet. Combine all these ingredients with a spatula. Then add the 2 cups of shredded mild cheddar cheese.
- Add 2 cups frozen corn to noodles. This cools the noodles down and cooks the corn.
- Add the corn and noodles to the large mixing bowl, stir until there is an even coating of sauce on all the noodles. In each serving garnish with Frito’s corn chips and enjoy!
*For best results add Frito’s chips right when you serve so they stay fresh crunchy.