CUB KITCHEN - EPISODE 13 - PEPPERMINT BARK
Cub Kitchen is a cooking blog where Bjorn R-G makes some of his favorite recipes, so easy he can do them in his Bear Skn underwear. Bjorn is not a professional chef, but he enjoys cooking and can get pretty creative in the kitchen. Join Bjorn each week for a fun new recipe.
Special Thanks to my friends at Bear Skn for sponsoring the show. Grab your Bamboo Backwood Boxer Briefs. Super comfortable for working in the kitchen.
Out of season Peppermint Bark
- Cutting board.
- 2 microwavable bowls.
- Small spatula.
- Cookie sheet.
- Zip lock freezer bag.
- Parchment paper.
- ¼ tsp. size measuring spoon.
- 1 lb. white chocolate chips.
- 1 lb. semi-sweet chocolate chips.
- 2x ¼ tsp. Mint extract (total of ½ tsp. mint extract)
- Box of candy canes.
Prep time: 5 minutes.
Chill time: 30-60 minutes. Then 3 hours.
- Measure out 1 lb. semi-sweet dark chocolate chips into microwavable bowl (about one and a half standard choc chip bags) into medium size microwave safe bowl. Microwave chips for 30 seconds, stir, 30 more seconds, stir, then 15 seconds, stir, repeat until chocolate is smooth. *Do not over heat if you cook too long without stirring it will get clumpy and dried out. Stir in first ¼ tsp. of mint extract. Stir well with spatula to fully incorporate mint extract in chocolate.
- Line Cookie sheet with parchment paper and pour mint chocolate mixture. Spread evenly on paper so it is about ¼ inch thick. Chill in refrigerator for 45-60 minutes. Until chocolate has hardened.
- Unwrap all candy canes and place in zip lock freezer bag. Put cutting board underneath bag and hit with a hammer until all candy canes have been broken up into small pieces. Take out about ¼ of it and set it aside.
- After dark chocolate has hardened. In the second medium microwavable bowl weigh out 1 lb. of white chocolate chips. Microwave chips for 30 seconds, stir with spatula, 30 more seconds, stir, 15, stir, repeat until white chocolate is smooth. *Do not over cook, if you cook it too long it will get dried out in spots and be lumpy. Add second ¼ tsp. mint extract to and candy cane bits to white chocolate. Stir with spatula until fully incorporated, cane bits, mint and chocolate.
- Pour white chocolate over dark chocolate in pan. Use spatula to spread it out into about ¼ inch layer on top of dark chocolate. Take the remaining ¼ candy cane bits and sprinkle on the top. Chill in refrigerator for 3 hours or overnight.
- Flip over and break up into small bark shaped chunks and try not to make too much of a mess then enjoy!
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.