CUB KITCHEN - Season 1 - Episode 11 - GINGER SNAP COOKIES
Cub Kitchen is a cooking blog where Bjorn R-G makes some of his favorite recipes, so easy he can do them in his Bear Skn underwear. Bjorn is not a professional chef, but he enjoys cooking and can get pretty creative in the kitchen. Join Bjorn each week for a fun new recipe.
Special Thanks to my friends at Bear Skn for sponsoring the show. Grab your Bamboo Standard Issue Boxer Briefs soon. Super comfortable for working in the kitchen.
Ginger Snap Cookies
What you need:
- electric mixer or large mixing bowl
- medium mixing bowl
- parchment paper
- Sheet pans.
- Spoon or ice cream scoop
- An oven
- 1 stick unsalted butter at room temperature
- ½ cup Brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup Molasses
- 1- ½ tsp Vanilla extract
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
Bake time: 2 hours, 45 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl or electric mixer (with whisk attachment) Cream 1 stick (1/2 cup) room temperature butter and brown sugar until fluffy. Add 1 large egg, ¼ cup molasses, and 1-1/2 tsp vanilla extract. Mix until combined completely.
- In a separate medium mixing bowl, combine dry ingredients. Whisk together 1-3/4 cup all-purpose flour, ½ tsp baking soda and baking spices, until completely combined.
- Add dry ingredients to wet mixing together adding dry ingredients slowly (switch to paddle attachment on electric mixer). Mix together until completely combined, or until you no longer see any dry ingredients.
- Cover and chill for 2 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Scoop out and roll 2 inch pieces of dough into balls, flatten, and roll in granulated sugar, covering them completely. Place parchment paper on baking sheets. Put each rolled ball on baking sheets about 2-3 inches apart. Bake for 8-10 minutes. (longer cook time will make them snappier or crispy)
- Take out, allow to cool, and Enjoy!
Makes about 2 dozen 2 inch cookies.